Clubs And Associations
M.C. College NCC unit is a sub-unit of 7 Assam Bn. NCC, Dhubri. Lt. Dal Pathak, Asstt. Professor is the ANO (Associate NCC Officer) of the unit.
The NCC unit of this college has two wings– boys and girls. The cadets of both the wings of this college attended national level camps and brought laurels to the college many a time, apart from getting awarded in the Independence Day / Republic Day parades. Many of them also got ‘B’ and ‘C’ certificates from the NCC authority.
Following are the notable achievements of MC College NCC unit during the last few years.
- Sgt. Urmi Sultana got selected for admission to Assam Engineering College, Guwahati under NCC quota.
- UO Juri Ojah represented NER Directorate for Republic Day ceremony in New Delhi. SUO Mrinalini Das of our college had been selected for the same in the year 2008.
- Sgt. Hemanga Deuri was adjudged the best cadet in Special National Integration Camp (SNIC), Jaisalmer.
- 11 Cadets ( Boys and Girls ) attended a National Integration Camp at Bhillai ( Chattisgarh ). M.C. College has also been provided with a ‘unit (battalion) store’, which will help other academic institutions too in Barpeta district.
National Service Scheme (N.S.S.) is an Indian government sponsored programme under the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. It was started in 1969.
National Service Scheme (NSS): The NSS unit of the M.C.College is an active unite having more than 200 volunteers. The volunteers of the unit participated in a number of NSS regular programmes along with Regional and National programmes including Lok Sabha Election Awarness rally, Barpeta District Youth Convention and Cultural Programme, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, International Day of Yoga, Republic Day and Independence Day Ceremonial Parade, Barpeta District Emergency Management Exercise, Bongaigaon Youth Conclave, Youth Leadership and Community Development Training, Emergency Management Training, Digital Banking Awareness Campaign, Workshop on Kamrupi Lokogeet at Barpeta Girls’ College, 19th National Youth Festival in Guwahati, 2nd North East National Service Scheme Festival in Meghalaya, Pre-republic Day Parade Camp at Bodoland University, Republic Day Parade Camp at New Delhi etc. Two volunteers of this unit namely Aditi Sarma and Safikul Islam were participated in the prestigious Republic Day Parade at New Delhi in 2016. The unit has a colourful uniform including musical band. Ajit Kumar Ojah of Anthropology Department is the Programme Officer of this unit.
The Bharat Scouts and Guides is the National Scouting and Guiding association of India. M.C.College, Barpeta has one unit of Bharat Scouts and Guides Rovers & Rangers.
The Red Ribbon Clun was Setup in M.C. College Barpeta on 29th Feb 2015 under the “ Assam State AIDS Control Society”. The Club has 18 Executive Members and 115 members (80 Male & 35 Female) . All the members of the Club are striving to gentile to fulfil the goal.
A Football Club was formed in M.C.College on 05-02-2017 where all together 35 Players have been given regular training with on experienced coach.
The objective of the club are
a) To Provide best football training to Students
b) To Provide fulltime platform in Football
c) To Develop spirit of play in Students
d) To Develop physical , Mental and Social ability in Students
e) To Develop Mental qualities in Students
In 2015, the M.C.College has constituted a Sports and Music Club for the improvements of the Sports and Music skills of the students. The aims of the Sports and Music Club are published sports bulletin, conduct training on different sports, promote the students for Inter-college sports, Regional and National Sports, keeping the records of the prize owner students etc. Ajit Kumar Ojah of Anthropology Department is the Coordinator of this club.
The Nasatra of the Patbaushi area of Barpeta District is the adopted village of the NSS unit of M.C,Collge. A population survey was conducted in this village. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan was also conducted in the Patbaushi Satra. The Village Head Man (Gaonbudha) of this area is the member of Advisory Committee of the NSS unit of M.C.College.
M.C.College has a students’ union. The executive committee of which is formed with the representatives elected by the regular students through election for a one-year term. It is obligatory for every regular student of the college to be a member of the Students’ Union.
The M.C.College Students’ Union has a constitution according to which all its functions and activities including election are governed. In the year 2007, the constitution of the Students’ Union underwent a through revision as per the recommendation of the Supreme Court of India.
The aims and objectives of the M.C. College Students’ Union, as declared by the constitution, are: –
- To develop the sense of fraternity among its members.
- To keep the academic atmosphere of the college intact and to keep an eye on safeguarding and academic interests.
- To take up programmes with the purpose of gaining physical, mental, moral and cultural development of the members
- To create awareness among the members against prejudice, cultural decadence, superstition etc.
To achieve the above-mentioned aims and objectives the Students’ Union take up the following activities :
- Organization of programmes that can contribute to the students’ intellectual, physical and character developments like debate, quiz, speech, seminar, cultural programmes, games and sports etc.
- Participation in the programmes meant for social service.
- Formation of public opinion against environmental pollution and taking of appropriate measures according to the need
- Organization of the freshmens’ social and the college week during the one year term and publication of the college magazine once in a year.
- Participation in the Youth Festival and Competitions organized by Gauhati University.
- Taking up of any other progamme that may contribute the achieving the above aims and objectives.
The executive committee of the Students’ Union consists of the following office bearers:-
|iii)||General Secretary||iv)||Asst. General Secretary|
|v)||Literary Secretary||vi)||Cultutal Secretary|
|vii||Debate Secretary||viii)||Social Service Secretary|
|ix)||Sports Secretary||x)||Football Secretary|
|xi)||Volleyball Secretary||xii)||Cricket Secretary|
|xii)||Gymnasium Secretary||xiv)||Boys’ Common Room Secretary|
|xv)||Girls’ Common Room Secretary|
The office bearers are elected from the students. Each portfolio held by students is under on teacher-in-charge. Besides, there are two class-representatives from the Higher Secondary (Science and Arts) classes.
Several platforms are provided to the students of MC. college to showcase their talent and ability in the field of science and literature. Some forum / clubs also take care of spreading social awarness on various issues of national importance.
A few such organisations are :
(i) Blood Donation Club
(ii) Sports Club
(iii) Planning Forum
(iv) Asomiya Sahitya Chora
(v) Red – Ribbon Club