RESEARCH ACTIVITIES IN M.C. COLLEGE
Teachers of M.C. College have been actively involved in Research activities. Till now a number of Minor Research Projects have been completed by the faculty members of this College. Following are some of the ongoing research projects-
“THE ASSESSMENT OF GENETIC DNA DAMAGE IN THE AGRICULTURAL WORKERS EXPOSED TO COMBINED ACTION OF PESTICIDES IN SELECTED DISTRICTS OF ASSAM”
- TO INVESTIGATE THE COMBINED ACTION OF PESTICIDES ON THE HEALTH OF THE AGRICULTURAL WORKERS OF CERATAIN DISTRICS OF ASSAM.
- TO EVALUATE THE EXTENT OF DNA DAMAGE AND REPAIR IN PERIPHERAL BLOOD LYMPHOCYTES OF AGRICULTURAL WORKERS BY COMET AS SAY(SCGE)
The use of pesticides in agriculture has been increasing steadily. A large no of these chemicals are release to the environment daily and many of them have affect non-target species, they may represent a potential hazard to human health. In the rural area of Assam, poor people are depend upon the Agriculture-rice & vegetable. They used large amounts of pesticide to protect crops. They also used Carcinogenic pesticide along with other pesticide viz. Phosphomidon, Malathion, Aldrine, Methyl parathion etc. These chemicals released in to the Environment Daily-They represent potential hazard to Human Health. Occupational exposure of pesticide.
Study area of Barpeta District – Mandia, Baghbor , Jania,Nagaon, Doulshal , Howly, Kalgachia, Sorbhog, Pathsala, Sarupeta,Kayakuchi, Sarthebari
Study area of Kamrup district – Mirza,Borihat, Boko, Somoria, Jambori, Hajo, Sualkuchi, Ramdia, Baihata Chariali , Kamalpur, Bezera.
This project till now organized many awareness programmes in various places regarding the carcinogenic effects of pesticides. The study has been very widely covered by Print and Electronic media of Assam.
M.C.COLLEGE, BARPETA, ASSAM
PROJECTS BY THE FACULTY MEMBRS
- Physical Growth and Nutritional Status of The Kalita Children of The Kamrup (Rural) District, Assam.
P.I. – SARAT CHANDRA BHUYAN, Dept. of Anthropology
- Lower Atmospheric Variability’s And Earthquake Precursor: Use Of Anomalous VHF Propagation
P.I – Dr. Malay Kumar Barman, Dept. of Physics
- Bacteriological Quality of Drinking Water Collected from Different Sources, Seasons and Areas of Barpeta District, Assam
P.I – Dr Eushah Ali, Dept. of Botany
- Physico Chemical Characteristics And Heavy Metals Content In The Brahmaputra River And Its Tributaries Fallen Under Barpeta District
P.I. – Dr. Hitesh Das, Dept.of Chemistry
- Sequences Spaces Of Fuzzy Real Numbers Over N-Normed Spaces
P.I – Dr. BipulSarma, Dept. of Mathematics
- A Comparative Study On Palladium Catalyzed Cross Coupling Reactions
P.I. – Dr. Sanjib Deuri, Dept. of Chemistry
- A Computational Investigation On A Few Important Organo Catalytic Reactions
P.I – Dipanjali Pathak, Dept. of Chemistry
- Studies On Biodiversity Of Fish Along With Ornamental Fishes In B.T.A.D Area, Assam.
P.I. – Runu Swargiary, Dept. of Zoology
- Investigation Of Crystal And Molecular Structure Of Some Chalcone Derivatives By X-Ray Diffraction Methods
P.I. – Dr. Pratyush Purakayastha, Dept. of Physics
- Phytosociology And Biomass Production Of The Crop-Field Weed Community Of Nalbari District (Undivided) Of Assam With Special Emphasis On Chemical Characterization Of Select Weed Species Regarding Their Nutritional And Medical Values
P.I. – Dr. Dip Kumar Bhattacharjya, Dept. of Botany
- Festivals Of Barpetasatra: Socio- Economic And Cultural Impact On The Society Of Barpeta.
P.I. – Dr. Babul Ch. Das, Dept. of Assamese