Three Year Degree Course (TDC – Arts)
- Students are admitted to TDC programmes of the college on the basis of merit. In this regards, decision taken by tEconomics, History, Geographyhe authority will be the final. For admission, candidates must apply in prescribed format by the stipulated date. The selected candidates must be present in the interview for admission, and they must produce the original copies of marksheet of H.S. or equivalent examination, certificate from the head of the institution last studied in and caste certificate (where applicable). A selected candidate must get himself/herself admitted on the date of the interview by paying the necessary fees; otherwise he/ she will forfeit the seat.
- Applications are processed and finalised by the Admission Committee.
- Students will collect identity cards on the date of admission.
- If any candidate passed the H.S. or equivalent examination before the current year, helshe must enclose a ‘gap certificate’ from some competent with the admission form.
- In case of any dispute about any matter concerning admission, the decision of the Principal will be final.
T.D.C. 1st Semester (Arts) :
Total No. of seats in Day Shift = 350
Total No. of seats in Evening Shift = 150 (Each Subject)
|Subject||No. of seats in Major||No. of seats in General|
|Pol. Science :||40||160|
|Computer Science :||–||50|
Compulsory Subjects :
- General English (In The First & Second Semester Only)
- Modern Indian Language (Assamese) / Alternative English. (First To Fourth Semester)
- Environmental Studies (In The Third & Fourth Semester Only)
Important Note :
- The Students with major in English are not allowed to take up Alternative English. If any student with major in English does not want to study General English he / she can take up an extra subsidary subject.
- The students with Major in Assamese are not allowed to take up M.I.L. (Assamese).
Major Course :
Students offering a major course have to take up a Subsidiary subject from the following lists given against each major subject.
|Major Subject||Subsidiary Subjects|
|1. English||Political Science, Education, History (Any two for students not taking M.I.L.)|
|2. Assamese||Political Science, Education, History / Anthropology (Any two for students not taking Alt. English)|
|3. Economics||Mathematics, History, Political Science, Geography.|
|4. Political Science||Economics, History, Geography, Satriya Dance|
|5. Education||Economics, Elective Assamese, Political Science, Anthropology, Philosophy, Satriya Dance.|
|6. Anthropology||Political Science, Philosophy, Geography, Economics, History.|
|7. Mathematics||Economics, Geography.|
|8. History||Political Science, Philosophy, Geography, Economics, Satriya Dance.|
|9. Geography||Political Science, History, Anthropology, Economics.|
|10. Philosophy||Education, History, Anthropology, Satriya Dance.|
General Course :
Students offering general course can choose any two from the following elective subjects for study.
- Political Science / Philosophy / Geography
- Education / Mathematics
- History / Anthropology / Elective Assamese / Economics
Only the student securing pass marks in Mathematics in Higher Secondary Examination can study Mathematics in Degree Courses.
Compulsory Subjects :
- Modern Indian Language (Assamese)
Students admited to the evening shift are not allowed to study any subject as Major. They are also not allowed to take up Alternative English. They can take any two subsidary subjects of the following combination for General Course.
- Political Science / Philosophy
- History / Elective Assamese / Economics
|T.D.C. Fee Structure : Session 2018 – 19||Arts||Science|
|Library Fee||250/-||250/-||Development Fee||350/-||350/-|
|Identity Card Fee||50/-||50/-|
|Students’ Union Fee||250/-||250/-|
|Student’s Aid Fund Fee||30/-||30/-|
|Reg. fee (For TDC 1st yr.) Fee||420/-||420/-|
|Common Room Fee||30/-||30/-|
|Fee Of Rover, Ranger, NSS etc.||40/-||40/-|
|Welfare Fund Fee||20/-||20/-|
|Faculty Dev. Fee||450/-||450/-|
|Seminar Fee / Skill Development Fee||250/-||250/-|
|Excursion (For Anthropology/Geography/Botany)
|Environmental Studies Fee||40/-||40/-|
- Admission Procedure for TDC (Arts & Science)
- Preparation of Merit list and calculation of Credit points
- Documents to be attached with the Admission Form
- Free Admission
- Reservation Of Seats
- Procedure for selection of students to major course
- Procedure for Change of Combination of Subjects
- Key Point of TDC Semester System for Science and Arts